We are MDRN LOVE. We make it all, start to finish, and make sure it’s absolutely always beautiful, memorable, and on-brand. High-quality content designed to flood the earbuds, smartphones, laptops, and televisions of every Tom, Dick, and Harriet in the big wide world.
This is 2024. It’s time to either stand out or stand down.
We define ourselves as a creative content production house that combines video and stills production with the creative direction that builds brands and spreads ideas.
Working with agencies, brands, and individuals such as Bowmore Whisky, Aston Martin, Glen Grant Whisky, Nyetimber Wine, Pandora Jewellery, Rolls-Royce, Warner Music, Cobra Beer, Reiss clothing, Otterbox, Better Gyms, Lottie Murphy Pilates, and many more on producing multimedia content.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a talented Video Editor to join our expanding team on a full-time basis. Initially working from home but we will be looking to start a studio / office in East Dulwich area later this year. As a video editor, you will be responsible for bringing together film and video footage, by applying your creative editing techniques that accurately reflect the vision of each project’s creative director.
You will have a good knowledge of modern video editing techniques already, be able to visualise directorial concepts, and work according to a strict time schedule. Ultimately, a top-notch video editor can perfectly translate ideas into a beautifully crafted film or video piece.
We’re looking for emerging talent that has the work ethic to learn from our team. Developing their creative and technical skills to become a powerful mid-level editor and beyond.
As a small but growing company, this role has plenty of room to develop and also means we must often pull together to reach challenging deadlines, impress our clients and deliver cutting edge content.
We understand our employees are creatives in their own right and we love this. We encourage personal projects and where possible want to provide support whether it be advice, equipment, or our time. We only grow with the growth of our team so this is vital to us.
We look forward to your application and are excited to meet the next member of our team.
What you’ll bring
We’d like you to tick off as many of the below as possible but remember that you don’t have to match 100% of these bullets – we’re looking for a unicorn and as such “unusual” shapes of person and profile are welcome.
- 2-6 years industry experience OR video editing/film production qualification
- A confident Premiere Pro user is great but we recently moved over to Davinci Resolve for a smoother workflow, we’re happy to train you through this transition
- Motion graphics working with After Effects at a good level
- Good working knowledge with the Adobe suite and ideally Davinci Resolve also
- Basic sound mixing
- Basic grading/colour correction
- Able to work well under pressure and in tight turnaround projects
- Basic understanding of delivery specs for social, online, and broadcast
- Experience using collaborative team communication and project management applications Slack & Trello.
- Be able to follow and translate pre-determined creative ideas and concepts across everything from short 15-second product ads through to longer-form 15-minute documentaries, into thoughtful, eye-catching, and engaging social films.
- Discuss project timelines, narrative structure, story goals, and more with other creative team members.
- Work to tight deadlines with a team or independently, being able to make quick creative editing decisions, tell specific stories, and still maintain a high quality of work.
- Travel to and assist on video & photographic shoots
- Ingest, organise and work with raw footage from multiple cameras and sources.
- Use audio as a means of elevating a story or edit – dialogue, foley/ambient sound and music. Being able to record and work with own sounds when necessary is a bonus.
- Create animated elements in Affect Effects such as titles, captions, graphics and dynamic templates to give edits additional visual flare when necessary. Any other animation skills is [are not is] a bonus.
- Sound mix and master audio for various outputs including social media and broadcast.
- Colour correct and grade LOG footage from various cameras to a high level that suits the varying themes and looks of the film at hand.
- Work with and have a strong understanding of the Adobe suite – Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.
- Edit inside Davinci Resolve
- Understand file formats and aspect ratios for certain platforms and the various associated export setting requirements.
- Review and amend edits based on internal and client feedback and be able to chop and change efficiently according to deadlines.
- Have a self-starting attitude with a keen sense of curiosity and willingness to learn new abilities and techniques that can elevate your day-to-day work.
- On occasion, you will be asked to help out on small production tasks. We’re a small team and we all chip in where we can to make the best content we can.
Why you might enjoy this?
We’re a small but powerful team of directors, editors, producers, photographers, and content creators who love what we do and get to work with some huge clients to our comparative size. We value and cherish optimistic clients, colleagues, and freelancers and are collecting the best of them as we grow. You’ll get to work with them all either in person on set or in the edit.
This is a great opportunity to make your mark in a growing content production house, building a real name for itself whilst doing the same for yourself.