- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Financial planning services
- Private medical insurance
Role: Hybrid Editor
Focus: Video & Broadcast Post Production studio
Report to: Lead Editor
Location: Hybrid working from Bishopsgate McCann WorldGroup Offices
WHO WE ARE
Who are we? It’s simple really. We are a creative communications agency with the spirit and passion of a boutique and the rock-like support of the world’s biggest advertising network. We explore strange new worlds, seek out new life forms and boldly go where no one has gone before in the dogged pursuit of compelling and impactful work which transforms the brands in our care.
Working with us is a little like taking a journey into the unknown – with a massive safety net around you. We encourage an entrepreneurial approach in all that we do and believe that the best ideas can come from anyone – and anywhere. We’ll give you the tools and the support you need to build your career and only ask that you bring us your passion, commitment, and energy to make a difference.
As one of the industry’s largest global production networks, Craft’s teams collaborate to create smart, bespoke, networked client solutions for many world-class brands. We’re CRAFT London, we are a production and marketing communications agency delivering content across print, digital and video media. Our mission is to help world class brands drive efficiency with the seamless delivery of the final product to markets around the world.
The Hybrid Editor is responsible for crafting creative stories with strong artistic and technical skills. This highly experienced Hybrid Editor can edit diverse styles including commercial spots, brand videos, animatics, web content, narrative, historical, motivational, documentary and training videos. The role will work across offline, online and motion graphics.
- Provide invaluable creative input on all projects and throughout the post-production process.
- Work closely with creative teams to craft visually compelling creative stories under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrate the technical and creative vision to collaborate with project teams, as well as work independently to achieve:
- The best possible results
- Be innovative while adhering to client brand guidelines – and when creating new campaigns.
- Transform footage and narrative scripts into powerful visual stories and highly kinetic pieces for screens of all sizes.
- Execute compression and scratch-track audio recording as needed.
- Improve working knowledge of other related post-production software.
- Maintain quality control to ensure that all work meets the highest possible standards.
- Vigilantly seek to optimise the group resources (both equipment and personnel)
- Foster a positive team atmosphere and establish credibility, both internally and externally
- Supervise any mid-level Editors and Junior Editors
- Able to set priorities while handling multiple projects.
- Continuously explore cutting-edge, current, and unique production processes/procedures
- Excellent Premiere and After Effects skills, as well as Photoshop and Illustrator skills that complement editing and motion graphics.
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Knowledge of Davinci Resolve is a bonus.
- Must be detail oriented, organised, able to estimate required post-production time, work to tight deadlines, manage video project assets and have excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills
- Effective independent problem solving
- Able to work collaboratively in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
NOTE: this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs
More than just a paycheck…
As well as the more standard benefits of holiday, pension, private medical insurance, life assurance and group income protection we offer:
- Three ‘Time Well Taken’ days throughout the year where we switch off collectively with our MWG UK partner agencies
- On-demand 1:1 mental health and coaching support through MyndUp (alongside a free Headspace membership!)
- A hybrid way of working with 3 days a week in the office
- Access to on-site massages, haircuts and manicures as well as cuddles from furry friends (we’re a dog friendly office)
- Free onsite breakfast, snacks and drinks with regular ‘Lounge Nights’ in the office rooftop social space
- Monthly agency get togethers focused around moment’s that matter.
- Lots of tools to help us grow from SPARK (our internal L&D platform) to LinkedIn Learning, as well as external partnerships with NABS and the IPA
- Your birthday off – because who wants to work on their birthday?
- A tree planted in your name for every year you celebrate your McCanniversary
- A Cycle to Work scheme and facilities including showers and hair styling appliances
- Discounts with partners such as Eataly, Merlin and cinemas as well as access to independent financial advice