Audio Visual Installation Engineer
Salary: 35K – 45K Dependant on experience, Company vehicle + Benefits
UK Wide – predominately in the North
AV2000 have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Lead Audio Visual Installation Engineer.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
To provide installation services of a wide range of integrated audio visual solutions and video conferencing technologies in the Corporate, Further Education and Public sectors. You will work with engineering teams leading projects on your own, as well as working with installation teams.
Installation of AV systems such as:
· Lecture Theatre solutions (interactive technologies, collaborative systems, audio systems, projectors and screens).
· Boardroom & Meeting room systems (audio and video), video conferencing suites and digital signage.
· Installation and commissioning of Microsoft Teams Room systems.
· Extron and Crestron control systems and appropriate cabling infrastructure.
· Liaising with 3rd party trades/subcontractors to ensure smooth project integration.
· Commission equipment to the highest standard on site, including programming of audio DSP’s, setup of digital video systems and setup of video conferencing systems.
· Perform maintenance visit and ongoing support.
· Carry out site surveys and produce survey reports.
· Provide technical support during and post projects.
Key skills & qualities required:
· On site installation experience of installing a range of equipment in a range of environments including projection display screens, interactive technologies, audio solutions, digital sound processors, switching video scalers, signal extenders and digital signage.
· Experience of working within the Further Education and Corporate sectors
· Excellent technical knowledge of digital sound processing and video distribution.
· Ability to understand and create schematics.
· Excellent rack building skills
· Understanding of latest signal resolutions and distribution
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· The ability and presence to liaise with clients at senior level.
· Experience of working with external consultants and project consultants.
· An up-to-date understanding of the AV marketplace including products and trends.
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
· Good understanding of IT and networks
· Good understanding of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
· Experience of and good understanding of Risk Assessments and Method statements
· Ability to lead on site managing teams of in house and subcontracted engineers
· Have excellent customer facing communication skills
AV2000 Ltd Audio Visual Solutions are based in Leeds. We specialise in the supply, installation and hire of audio visual presentation systems. We work extensively in Further Education, Health and Corporate markets. We design, supply and install AV systems in Universities, Colleges, Blue chip companies and Health Authorities. Working UK wide, but mainly in the North of Britain.
Interested? If you feel that you possess the relevant skills and experience please send your cv by return.