Audio Visual Technician/Engineer
Full time, Permanent
£30,000 – £40,000 per annum
*Our client is happy to look at Graduates with a Degree in Audio Visual Communication, Audio Visual System Engineering, Sound Engineering, Music Production, Film Studies etc.*
Our client is a well-established audio-visual company who sell, install, service and hire a wide range of audio visual and conferencing solutions to clients across the UK and Europe. They are seeking an experienced audio-visual service and technical support professional with comprehensive knowledge of commercial audio-visual conferencing systems, including Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet Room solutions. If this fits your skillset, we have a unique opportunity for you to be a pivotal part of our team and contribute to the growth and development of our Service and Technical Support division.
- Proven track record in audio-visual service and technical support engineering.
- Proficiency in commercial audio-visual and videoconferencing systems, including Teams, Zoom, and Google Meet.
- Strong PC skills, including familiarity with Crestron Toolbox, Extron Global Configurator, and audio DSP software programs like Biamp and QSC.
- Knowledge of Crestron, Extron, Kramer switching and control systems, as well as professional audio solutions.
- Knowledge of AV cameras such as Avercam, Logitech and Sony PTZ.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical documents including system schematics.
- Understand network terminology and topologies.
- Must possess a full valid driver’s License and be eligible to work in the EU.
- Plan and carry out service visits, providing remote technical support and generating comprehensive service reports.
- Deliver telephone and email support, ensuring prompt and effective communication.
- Maintain up-to-date service records to enhance operational efficiency.
- Plan, setup and provide on-site support with customer events and hires.
- Conduct both preventative and remedial service calls to uphold system integrity.
- Provide training on-site to the end user.
- To be flexible in order to undertake the many different areas of work that are required, such as project work, producing reports, producing how to documents etc.
- Adhere to relevant Health & Safety and codes of conduct in the workplace and onsite.
- Collaborate with installation engineers to facilitate the commissioning of AV and VC systems.
- The above is not an exhaustive list of all accountabilities, which the role holder may have and develop over time.
- Access to company vehicle
- Life assurance: 4x salary
- Long-term sickness cover
Office Furniture and Fixtures Manufacturing, Audio and Video Equipment Manufacturing, and Events Services