Showrunner and Online multimedia producer
Your role: You will be creating and overseeing the production of our news based digital content, being the driving force in shaping the news and entertainment at The Sun and News UK.
Day to day you will:
- Develop and execute a strategic vision for online multimedia content, ensuring alignment with brand goals and audience engagement
- Oversee the end-to-end production process, from concept development to final delivery, ensuring high-quality, engaging, and on-brand content
- Serve as the project lead, coordinating with creative teams, writers, directors, and editors to ensure seamless collaboration and timely delivery of projects
- Stay ahead of digital trends, bringing fresh ideas and innovative approaches to online content creation. Experiment with new formats and technologies to enhance user experience
- Develop strategies to maximise audience reach and engagement across various online platforms. Analyse data and insights to optimise content for target demographics
What we’re looking for from you:
- Must be flexible to work weekends and evenings
- Experience as a showrunner or online multimedia producer with a strong portfolio showcasing your diverse skills.
- A keen understanding of digital storytelling and audience dynamics.
- Knowledge and interest in current affairs
- A keen eye for detail, composition, and the ability to tell compelling visual stories
We are News UK: One of the leading media businesses in the UK and Ireland. Our newsbrands include The Times, The Sunday Times, The Sun, The Sun on Sunday and The TLS. Our national broadcast brands include talkSPORT, Times Radio, TalkTV and Virgin Radio UK, and we have market-leading local radio stations across Ireland. Our world-famous brands provide news, analysis, opinion and entertainment to almost 40 million people each month. Spanning print and pixel, audio and video, events and experiences, our multiplatform brands are home to a plurality of opinion, representing the diverse communities we serve. News UK is wholly owned by News Corp.
Life at News
Driven by passion, guided by principles and acting with purpose. We represent, reflect and reach the nation, telling the stories that matter. We inform our audiences so that they can make decisions based on trusted information.
To do this, we believe our employees must represent different backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We strive to maximise and encourage every individual’s potential and ensure everyone feels valued. We support this through our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Strategy, which focuses on three main priorities – attracting talent from a wider, more representative pool, developing equity programmes to drive better representation in our leadership, and ensuring diversity and inclusivity in our workforce as well as the journalism and content we produce. We also currently have 12 employee led networks and groups that support our strategy and connect like minded employees socially.
We want to ensure that everyone we meet has the opportunity to perform to their best when applying for a role. Please let us know, at any stage, whether you require any reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process, and we will do our best to accommodate.