Apprentice Digital Content Creator– job post
- Additional leave
Salary £15200 per year
Duration 15 months
Advert closing date 16/02/2024
We are looking for an Apprentice Digital Content Creator to support the Design, Editorial and Account teams in creating and maintaining a high standard of content, both written and graphic, for gm-design’s international clients.
This position is a well-rounded role, giving the successful applicant a fantastic opportunity to learn the ropes of agency work, whilst putting into practice the key principles of content creation for digital marketing.
- Actively contribute to the creative process of the agency as we develop new design and marketing solutions for our clients.
- Artworking graphics for our client’s digital and social channels, resizing and rolling out versions in different languages.
- Helping to ensure visual and written content meets GM’s standard of work and the defined corporate identities of our clients.
- Taking briefings from Project Managers and responding constructively to internal and external feedback.
- Maintaining project management tools with key information, such as dates and progress status.
- Following marketing activity plans to determine upcoming project requirements.
- Providing essential administrative support for a range of agency tasks.
- Supporting copywriters in optimising web copy in line with SEO best practices.
- Efficiently prioritising individual workload with a high degree of professionalism.
- As well as the key duties of this role, we welcome apprentices to identify business areas or tasks where they can further practise key learnings from their apprenticeship.
- 28 days annual leave (pro rata, including bank holidays)
- 3 days of additional leave during the Christmas shutdown
- Team members accrue +1 day annual leave for each year of service (up to 5)
- Birthday cake!
- Shared use of parking space
- Regular team lunches and activities
- Flexible home working arrangement on offer after successful completion of probation period
5 GCSEs grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent (including English and Maths)
Must have experience using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator are a must)
High attention to detail
Excellent written English
Able to quickly adapt and develop skills in the latest design, marketing and web platforms
Strong planning, organisation and time management skills, with the ability to multi-task
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, specifically PowerPoint and Excel preferred
Problem-solver and creative-thinker
Flexibility and willingness to learn new skills
An affinity for digital media and software
Dedicated, self-motivated and conscientious
Inclusive and supportive working style (“all-hands-on-deck” attitude)
Happy to respond to new ideas and approaches with an open mind
Ability to work under pressure
Training to be provided
You will undertake the ground-breaking Apprentify Content Creator Level 3 apprenticeship.
We have designed our programme to offer you a distinct route into your chosen career path and specialise in researching, preparing, and developing content to maximise audience engagement. Content creators capture the strategy and objectives of the brand and needs of the customer, client, or business. During the 13 months of training, you will learn the most up to date theory and industry practices across 11 carefully structured Modules covering the duties that are required as a Content Creator:
Plan and develop creative content in line with the brief and budget/costs.
Interpret the strategy and objectives of the brand and align these to the content.
Research, prepare and develop the media messaging to maximise audience engagement.
Develop and create written content that can be used across a variety of media.
Create visual and audio content that can be used across a variety of media.
Store content securely and methodically to enable efficient access and retrieval.
Collaborate with colleagues and clients to plan and align content delivery with business objectives.
Manage content online using appropriate tools and techniques.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the content produced against the original plan and recommend improvements. Undertake continuous professional development to keep up to date with trends and technology.
Things to consider
This role is office based.
Content Coordinator progressing to Content Manager
Junior Artworker progressing to Graphic Designer
Hours per week 37.5
Working week Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm (1hr for lunch between 12pm and 2pm).
Exeter, South, England, EX4 3PL