RELIGIOUS ARTS, MUSIC, VISUAL & SOUND ENGINEER (Fluent in Swahili Language)– job post
Location – Manor Park, Newham
Hours – 30 per week – Including weekends and some bank holidays
Salary – £18,300 per annum
Revival House is a faith-based organization and place of Christian worship; our beliefs are foundational to everything we do. The post-holder will be expected to share these beliefs, join in the spiritual life of the church and work actively to support our ministry and vision.
This post is key in enabling growth in the ministry and mission of Revival House. In line with our mission “Connect, Belong, Discover, Influence” and as well as providing effective administration within the church. The post-holder will be expected to be a key face and voice of the church to the wider community, better enabling us to serve our community.
This position requires an exceptional degree of professionalism and the ability to work in a demanding environment, where multi-tasking, sound decision making, self-motivation and discretion are essential.
Equally the post-holder will need confidence and proven organisational, communication and interpersonal skills.
Revival House wishes to appoint an experienced Religious arts, music, visual and sound engineer.
OTHER TECHNICAL SKILLS NEEDED
- Live sound, broadcast, recording, editing and production
- Media production
- Web design and Development
- Visual Graphics Design
- Illustrator, Photoshop, media encoder, audition
OTHER REQUIRMENT NEEDED
- Strong organizational, time management and communication skills in both English and Swahili
- Fluent Swahili speaker
- Conversant with Swahili Music
- A degree/diploma qualification as a sound technician or equivalent
- Experience working in a church environment
- Leadership training
- High technical knowledge to properly utilize equipment
- Be able to perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Flexible in work schedule with awareness one will be required to work weekends, evenings and some bank holiday dates e.g. Easter, Christmas.
- Maintain professional attitude and approach to problem solving
- Must be a person of high integrity and willing to support and promote the mission of Revival House.
- Be willing to work within different departments in the church as and when required.
- Be able to build confidence and offering leadership, particularly working with teens and young adults. As such the successful candidate must be deemed as posing no threat to safety and welfare of children.
- Will work alongside the ministers in developing a vibrant worship culture and support in existing outreach projects as well as creating new mission opportunities.
Terms of appointment:
- There is a probation of six months
- A full enhanced DBS check will carried out prior to appointment
Charity worker, Children Worker
- The successful applicant will be required to have the ability to communicate in both English and Swahili (written and spoken).
- Be willing to train and mentor young people interested in cultural arts, music, visual and sound elements of ministry.
- Coordinate technological and creative elements for all church services and church events.
- Develop a strong cultural worship and arts presence in Revival House.
- Be available at all Revival House services and events to coordinate and oversee volunteers and trouble shoot difficulties.
- Responsible for upkeep and oversight of media, lighting and tech equipment for the church.
- Oversee the set up, testing and tear down of audio /visual equipment (i.e. microphones, microphone stands, cables, laptop, speakers etc.)
- Test and operate sound/ visual systems during service and church events.
Quality of Care
- Will be responsible for inventory controls, quality of care and event readiness of all equipment.