IT Technician I– job post
Common and Baseline Responsibilities
- Resolving helpdesk issues and providing IT maintenance/support for a studio.
- Close relationship with studio/regional Operations Director and Managing Directors group.
- Shows initiative and ability to work well independently and with others.
- Exhibits strong organization, attention to detail, and time management skills.
- Able to pivot and have a “hands-on” working style.
- Provide technical support and troubleshoot assistance to clients via phone, email, chat or in person.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software, and network-related issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Receive, prioritize, and manage service requests from internal clients.
- Communicate with clients in a professional and friendly manner, actively listening to their concerns and providing clear and concise instructions and guidance.
- Escalate complex or critical incidents to appropriate technical teams and follow up to ensure prompt resolution has been met. Communicate incident updates to clients and provide status reports as needed.
- Contribute to the knowledge base and share best practices to enhance overall efficiency.
- Assist in managing IT assets including hardware and software inventory, license tracking, and equipment deployment. Coordinate with procurement and vendors for timely replacements and repairs.
- Conduct training sessions and provide orientation as needed.
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and trends to recommend innovative solutions.
- Reports to the IT Services Manager and/or Director of IT Services.
High-level Summary of Critical, Baseline Technical Skills and Certifications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and non-verbal skills
- Communicating with large and small groups
- Training and new employee orientation
- Basic proficiency in using and basic proficiency in administering:
- Windows desktop operating systems
- Mac OSx systems
- iOS devices
- Microsoft Teams
- PC and Laptop Hardware
- Ticketing systems
- Audio Visual systems
- An associate or bachelor’s degree in computer technology or related field or equivalent experience is preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)