- Company pension
- Work from home
About the company:
Frederick Bremer School is an 11-16 community school in Walthamstow, Waltham Forest. They are a non-selective school for the local community and are a representative of the community they serve. Inclusivity is at the heart of their ethos, and every pupil is known for who they are and the richness of their character.
About the role:
As an ICT Apprentice at Frederick Bremer School, you will provide general and routine ICT support to staff and pupils within the school, e.g. basic IT diagnosis and fix as well as undertake routine maintenance of resources and equipment. You will also support with the common software packages used in the school and other general tasks as appropriate under the supervision/instruction of senior staff. This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career within ICT and learn within a variety of different areas and aspects of your role.
- Providing exceptional customer service
- Learning to install and maintain computer hardware, software, client devices, laptops, audio/visual equipment and peripherals.
- Learning and demonstrating the necessary skills and behaviours to securely operate across all platforms and areas of responsibilities in line with organisational guidance and legislation
- Learning to effectively operate a range of mobile devices including Chromebooks, laptops and iPads.
- Maintaining an up-to-date inventory of ICT equipment, and ensuring cleanliness of equipment.
- Maintaining stocks of spare parts and consumable items, including printer consumables.
- Learning to apply structured techniques to common and non-routine problems, testing methodologies, troubleshooting and analysing problems by selecting the digitally appropriate tools and techniques in line with organisation guidance and obtaining the relevant logistical support as required
- Assisting with the expansion of the school network infrastructure including switches, cabling and wireless network equipment.
- Learning to perform routine administration including data backups.
- Keeping abreast of technological developments and encouraging the use of ICT at all levels.
- Supporting staff and students with the use of ICT including online support, and assisting with training where appropriate.
- Supporting staff and students with the set-up and preparation of ICT equipment around the school.
- Reporting any detected breach of the school’s ICT acceptable use policy to the Network Manager or School Business Manager.
- Learning the working knowledge of a range of video/audio/network cabling and connectivity, the various types of antennas and wireless systems and IT test equipment
- Learning the importance of disaster recovery and how a disaster recovery plan works and support the manager to maintain this.
- Learning to repair and maintain equipment and prepare routine equipment for use, under the direction/instruction of others within strict time scales
- Experience of using PCs and common desktop application software.
- Technical knowledge, e.g. understanding of basic PC and Software.
- Awareness of Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Able to maintain inventories of equipment and keep up-to-date and accurate records.
- Able to identify straightforward solutions to simple problems.
- Able to communicate straightforward verbal and written information in a clear and accurate manner, e.g. pass on a message, or complete a simple form.
- Able to follow straightforward oral and written instructions.
- Able to lift and handle ICT equipment as required, including assisting with receiving and storing deliveries of new equipment.
- Positive work ethic.
- Ability to work well as part of a team as well as being self-motivated.
- Approachability: has the ability to relate well to people at all levels.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure and maintain a positive and optimistic attitude.
- An absolute commitment to the belief that every child deserves the very best education.
- Reliability, honesty and trustworthiness, demonstrating the highest professional standards.
- An excellent punctuality and attendance record.
- An understanding of child protection and safeguarding.
- To be able to demonstrate a commitment to the principles of Equalities and to be able to carry out duties in accordance.
- You’ll need to attend an online interview with our Talent Team and pass initial assessments in maths and English once you have completed your registration.
- You will need to be within a commutable distance to the office location listed.
Additional Benefits include:
- Access to LDN’s Apprentice Community
- LDN Personal Development Opportunities
- LDN Social Events
- LDN Apprentice of the Month Prizes
- Excellent Career Progression
- Access to Student Discount
Job Types: Apprenticeship, Full-time
Salary: From £22,000.00 per year
- Company pension
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
- English not required
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- London: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- GCSE or equivalent (required)
Work Location: In person
Reference ID: FBS001
Expected start date: 31/01/2024