Job id: 081755. Salary: £32,179 – £35,596 per annum, including London Weighting Allowance.
Posted: 03 January 2024. Closing date: 04 February 2024.
Business unit: IT. Department: End User Services.
Contact details: Mark Timmins. firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Waterloo Campus. Category: Professional & Support Services.
Back to job search
As an Audio Visual Technician, you will work within our AV team to deliver high quality teaching, lectures and support for both internal and external events.
We are looking for a self-motivated individual with excellent customer service and technical skills who will deliver a first-class user experience for staff, students.
The role will primarily be based at our Waterloo Campus, which encompasses our buildings on the South Bank and at St Thomas Hospital. You will provide support to our lecture theatres, classrooms, meeting rooms and other spaces. Your daily duties will include supporting users and maintaining devices including Crestron control systems, PCs, data projectors, PA systems, smart boards, visualisers, lecture capture, and other AV equipment.
Other responsibilities include managing AV bookings, ensuring that the required AV equipment is available and functioning in the rooms or delivered as required for lectures, functions, and events; using remote tools to monitor and assist users; audio and video recording of lectures and events; and Microsoft Teams support for hybrid meetings and HyFlex teaching.
Additional work with audio and video production or live event streaming may also be required.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract
This is a full-time post – 100% full time equivalent
Supporting teaching, events, and meetings
Supporting and maintaining a broad range of AV and IT technology and services
Managing support tickets and bookings within applicable SLAs
Participate in the continual service improvement process
To exercise sound professional and technical knowledge and to keep up to date with new developments / best practice
To contribute to our knowledge base and documentation as required and adhere to University’s IT policy
Function as an ambassador providing advice and knowledge where appropriate
Assist in witness testing, ensuring adherence to the AV standards, as required
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- Good level of technical knowledge and understanding of a wide range of audio visual services such as display systems, PA systems, smart boards, visualisers, lecture capture, and other AV equipment.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Must have demonstrable experience in AV or relevant technical industry experience (film/theatre/music/events).
- Experience of working effectively as part of a team, particularly with regards to delivering services and problem solving jointly
- Ability to work under pressure and meet challenging deadlines
- Good standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to manage and prioritise own workload effectively
- Commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion
- AV related technical qualification
- Able to install, configure, upgrade and test desktop computers (both Windows and macOS)
- Prior experience with Crestron, Dante and Q-SYS systems
- Educated to degree level