The role of the Audio Visual Systems Designer sits within the Design Team of our Enterprise Services division. The employee will be involved in the specification, design and pre-installation handover of a range of Audio Visual technologies including but not limited to projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems, and software and integration with meeting rooms to control the local environment. These works could also involve the attendance to site to carry out on-site surveys as well as completion of design documentation.
The Audio Visual Systems Designer should also maintain a good knowledge of the prevalent standards and be willing to continually develop and learn in order to match and stay current with the changing pace of technology.
As part of this role the employee must also maintain a working knowledge of structured cabling systems as this is a large part of the businesses offering, but also it can be the foundation on which an IP based AV system will sit. The Audio Visual Systems Designer may be asked to contribute in other areas of the business where their skills may be transferable from time to time.
Sudlows prides itself on quality of our designs and installations as well as how we engage with the customer, as a customer facing operative, the Audio Visual System Designer will be expected to provide a high level of customer service in keeping with Sudlows’ standards as well as proving clear and concise communication both internally and externally. The highest levels of skilfulness are expected as standard as well as strict adherence to our health and safety standards. All employees are expected to be able to follow company processes relating to work generated documentation and our internal paperwork and systems.
- To liaise with Senior Account Managers, Technical Account Managers and Estimators to ensure high quality & detailed designs & proposals are submitted in line with client requirements and Sudlows’ commercial expectations.
- To carry out detailed site surveys of Audio Visual installations in line with company procedures to ensure a high level of accuracy & competitiveness.
- Produce detailed design packs from concept as required by Sudlows and its customers.
- Liaising with the Bid Team to assist in producing detailed Technical Tender responses and producing detailed design proposals for new business.
- Applying for project pricing and liaising with our supply chain to ensure we provide our clients with the best solutions.
- Be the point of contact for Operations and respond to queries over scope of works and provide solutions to assist the installation.
- Support the wider Design Team as required and able on other design tasks.
- Demonstrable knowledge of the design of Audio Visual systems across a range of technologies including but not limited to projectors, TVs, touchscreens, sound systems and amplifiers, communal presentation and meeting systems and software and meeting room integration to control the meeting room environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current and prevalent standards and licencing requirements that govern works within the Audio Visual space.
- A working knowledge of structured cabling systems and active networking as the foundations of a system that supports an IP based AV installation.
- Experience in producing design drawings, schematics and proposals for AV installations.
- Experience in using a range of design tools such as MS Visio and CAD to support your design proposals.
- Experience working with industry leading manufacturers systems such as Crestron, Kramer, QSC, Biamp, Samsung and Logitech for example.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy while completing documentation in all its forms.
- Excellent customer facing manner.
- Flexible approach to working location and times.
- UK Driving Licence.
- Manufacturer awarded training and certification in the installation and or design of Audio Visual systems such as Crestron, Kramer, QSC, Biamp, Samsung and Logitech for example.
- Proven specific experience or training in the design of structured cabling systems.
- Proven experience and/or industry recognised training with other technologies in the intelligent building space such as, IP Security, Intelligent Lighting, HVAC and Energy Management.
- CSCS/ECS Card
We offer a competitive package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including professional training and long-term career development opportunities.
Location: Manchester based with projects based throughout the UK
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience.