Audio Visual Assistant
Farrer & Co is synonymous with the highest quality legal advice and service.
We advise individuals, families, businesses, financial services, educational and not-for-profit organisations on every aspect of the law, wherever the need arises. From our offices in London we work with trusted professionals around the world to deliver a seamless international service.
Our clients present us with complex and varied challenges. Whether that’s a complicated family trust issue, a multinational corporate transaction, or an emerging threat to their reputation, they need clear thinkers who can advise on the best solutions, fast thinkers when speed is of the essence and agile thinkers who can produce a fresh approach to get the job done. That’s why they choose us.
Our clients value our in-depth knowledge, technical excellence and diversity of disciplines. But what really binds our long-standing relationships with them is our approach: pragmatic, plain speaking and always steadfast in our values, which we hold dear. Values which mean we gain our clients’ trust, always strive to do the right thing, and aim for the best results for them.
Superb client service sits at the heart of everything we do. We are modern lawyers with timeless values.
We are seeking a skilled Audio-Visual Assistant to join Farrer & Co and support our legal professionals in delivering high-quality presentations and external-facing events, virtual meetings, and courtroom technology solutions. The AV Assistant will play a crucial role in ensuring seamless communication through audio and visual technologies, contributing to the overall success and efficiency of our legal operations. The AV Assistant will play a critical role in ensuring that our professionals have the technical support they need to deliver effective and impactful presentations. If you have a passion for technology, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced legal environment, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Meeting & Events Support:
- Set up and operate audio-visual equipment for internal and external meetings, including video conferences, presentations, and virtual hearings.
- Provide technical assistance to meeting participants, troubleshooting issues related to audio, video, and connectivity.
- Collaborate with legal teams to integrate and manage AV technology in courtrooms, ensuring that all equipment and systems are functional and in compliance with legal standards.
- Support lawyers in the use of multimedia resources during trials, hearings and depositions.
- Conduct regular maintenance checks on AV Equipment to ensure optimal performance.
- Coordinate repairs and upgrades as needed along with relevant communications to the wider business management teams, also keeping abreast of emerging technologies to enhance our AV capabilities.
Training and Support:
- Train our legal professionals on the use of AV equipment and software.
- Provide ongoing technical support to staff, addressing questions and concerns related to audio-visual technology.
- Work closely with the Concierge and IT teams to integrate AV systems with existing technology infrastructure.
- Collaborate with external vendors for equipment procurement and maintenance services.
- Maintain accurate records of AV equipment inventory, configurations, and maintenance history.
- Develop and update user guides and manuals for AV Systems.
- Stay informed about industry trends and advancements in AV technology.
- Recommend and implement improvements to enhance the firm’s audio-visual capabilities.
- Proven experience in audio-visual technology, preferably in a legal of professional services environment.
- Proficiency with AV equipment such as video conferencing systems, projectors, microphones, and audio mixing consoles.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to quickly resolve technical issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to maintaining high standards of quality.
- Familiarity with legal proceedings and court processes is a plus.
Farrer & Co is an equals opportunity employer who welcomes applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We look to employ the best candidates regardless of age, gender, race, ethnicity, social or economic background, religion, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other protected characteristic.
We are keen to ensure candidates have the best interview experience possible, if you require any adjustments during the interview or application process please let the recruitment team know.